Breast Augmentation in Dallas, TX
Breast augmentation is one of Dr. Hubbard’s most commonly performed procedures. Every patient is different, and many goals can be accomplished with this procedure, including:
- Increase the size of small breasts
- Restore volume to breasts after childbirth and weight loss
- Add fullness to provide a more attractive breast shape
- Balance breasts that are not the same size
- Enhance self-confidence with and without clothing
Breast Augmentation Consultation
Dr. Bradley Hubbard offers patients a full range of options to fit your body, cosmetic goals, and lifestyle. There are several decisions that he can help you make during your consultation.
- Breast Size: Your body type and personal preferences dictate this. Size is usually the hardest decision to make. We would encourage you to visit www.implantinfo.com to view patient pictures and become accustomed to the implant sizing system. During the consultation we will choose an implant size using three methods: through an oral interview of your preferences, using implant sizers that simulate the augmentation, and a mathematical formula that predicts the best implant for your current breast characteristics.
- Breast Implant Material: The two available implant materials are saline and silicone gel. Dr. Hubbard does not have a strong opinion on which of these breast implants you should choose. The FDA has found both implants to be safe for this surgery. In the simplest terms, if you have a significant amount of breast tissue there is no difference except the silicone costs more. If you don’t have a significant amount of breast tissue, a silicone implant may look and feel more natural.
- Incision location: There are several options for incision location. Incisions are most commonly placed in the crease below the breast. The underarm or around the areola are also options. Again, the decision is ultimately yours. There are a few situations where one incision choice is preferable, however, for the most part, this decision is based on patient preference.
- Placement: Almost always Dr. Hubbard places the implant under the chest muscle, although some patients choose to have their implants placed just beneath the breast tissue (e.g., professional athletes and bodybuilders)
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation will help improve the fullness and projection of breasts. It will also make the overall physical appearance more balanced and proportionate. Many satisfied patients experience an enhancement of their self-image and self-confidence following this procedure. In some cases, breast implants may also be used for breast reconstruction following an injury or a mastectomy.
It is important to remember that breast augmentation is not an appropriate procedure to correct severely sagging breasts. Patients who are keen to improve the fullness of their breasts along with a correction of drooping breasts, they may have to go for a combination of breast augmentation and breast lift procedures. Both procedures are often performed at the same time.
Breast Augmentation Care and Recovery
This procedure usually takes less than one hour and performed with general anesthesia. No drains are used, and no sutures need to be removed. You will go home the day of your surgery, but you will need someone to handle the driving. Showering is encouraged the night of the surgery. You will need to wear a non-underwire sports bra all the time for the first 1 to 2 weeks. Within about 7 to 10 days, most women can return to light activity, including work; more strenuous exercise can be resumed after about a month.
The Final Results
While you will likely have some minor bruising and swelling for the first week after surgery, it’s immediately rewarding to see beautiful, fuller breasts after surgery. Many of our patients express increased self-confidence, in addition to being thrilled with their enhanced breasts.
During your consultation, Dr. Hubbard will discuss with you your goals and expectations and determine if this is the right procedure for you.
Mommy Makeovers: A Popular Breast Augmentation Choice
Many women choose to combine breast augmentation with other cosmetic procedures, sometimes called a “Mommy Makeover.” The benefit of combing procedures is having only one recovery period. This could entail any number of additional procedures depending on your needs and desires. During your consultation, we will allow plenty of time to discuss the improvements you desire and then thoroughly explain the available procedures. See all before and after plastic surgery gallery pictures.
The main limitation of this surgery is breast droop. With significant breast droop or ptosis, breast augmentation alone can make the breast appearance and shape worse. In these situations, a breast lift procedure would have to be performed simultaneously for the best result.
To schedule your private consultation with Dr. Hubbard, please email our office or call directly at 214.370.4813.