MEET PLASTIC SURGEON BRADLEY HUBBARD, M.D.
Dr. Bradley Hubbard is a plastic surgeon who specializes surgery of the hand. Dr. Hubbard has a private practice in Dallas, Texas, where he works to improve the overall functioning of his patients’ hands, wrists, fingers, and arms.
Dr. Hubbard received his Bachelor’s degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Biomedical Engineering. He then went to Upstate Medical University, where he was chosen to be a member of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He went on to complete his Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he was honored as the recipient of the Most Outstanding Resident of the Year Award, and the Excellence in Resident Teaching Award.
During his training, Dr. Hubbard has focused on hand surgery. He holds a patent on a bioengineered artificial nerve graft. He has written and presented many scientific articles on hand surgery. Dr. Hubbard was asked to write the hand chapter for “Current Reconstructive Surgery.” (See below for a detailed publication and presentation list)
Dr. Hubbard is part of the hand surgery staff at many hospitals in the Dallas area, including Presbyterian Hospitals in Plano and Dallas; Baylor Hospitals in Plano and Dallas; Forest Park Hospitals in Frisco and Dallas; Medical Center Hospital in Plano; and Pine Creek Surgery Center in Dallas.
- Forgacs G, Colbert SH, Hubbard BA, Marga F. Engineered Biological Nerve Graft, Fabrication and Application Thereof. Provisional Patent Application: 10UMC008prov. (Filed 2/2/10)
- Hubbard BA, Marga F, Norotte C, Christiansen D, Forgacs G, Colbert SH. Construction of a bioengineered Schwann cell tube and its use in rat hindlimb nerve repair. University of Missouri Research Board. Requested $39,222. Awarded $33,794 for the period July 1, 2008, to June 30, 2010.
- Hubbard BA, Henry SL, and Concannon MJ. Current splinting patterns among hand surgeons: science versus clinical practice. Presented at the Missouri Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 40th Annual Professional Meeting – Lake Ozark, MO – June 15, 2007.
- Hubbard BA, Marga FS, McEwan TW, Forgacs G, Colbert SH. Autologous, Bioengineered, Scaffold-free Nerve Conduit for Peripheral Nerve Repair. Presented at the American Society for Peripheral Nerve/American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery concurrent scientific session – Cancun, Mexico – January 16, 2011.
- Christiansen D, Rednam R, Henry SL, Colbert SH, Hubbard, BA. The determination of finger laterality dominance during routine activities. Poster presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery annual meeting – Maui, HI – January 7-13, 2009.
- Marga, FS, Hubbard BA, McEwan T, Colbert S, Forgacs G. Construction of a Bioprinted Fully Biological Nerve Graft. Poster presentation at the Biophysical Society 53rd Annual Meeting – Boston, MA – March 4, 2009.
- Chimwemwe M, Francoise M, Hubbard B, Colbert S, and Forgacs G. Fully biological nerve graft. Poster presentation at Life Sciences Week; April 13, 2009.
- Colbert S, Forgacs G, Marga F, Hubbard B. Bioprint Engineered Fully Biological Nerve Graft. Poster presentation at the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society, North America annual conference, and exposition (#112) – Orlando, FL – December 7, 2010.
- Christiansen D, Rednam R, Henry SL, Colbert SH, Hubbard, BA. The determination of finger laterality dominance during routine activities. American Association for Hand Surgery Program Book, January 7-13, 2009; page 83.
- Hubbard BA, Marga FS, McEwan TW, Forgacs G, Colbert SH. Autologous, Bioengineered, Scaffold-free Nerve Conduit for Peripheral Nerve Repair. AAHS/ASPN/ASRM 2011 Annual Scientific Meetings Program Book, January 12-18, 2011; pages 140 and 159. Abstract.
- Hubbard BA, Concannon MJ. Physical and Radiographic Examination of the Hand. In: Serletti JM, Losee JE, Taub PJ, Wu LC, eds. Current Reconstructive Surgery.
- Henry SL, Hubbard BA, and Concannon MJ. Splinting after carpal tunnel release: Current practice, scientific evidence, and trends. Plast Reconstr Surg, 122:1095-1099, 2008.
- Marga F, Jakab K, Khatiwala C, Shephard B, Dorfman S, Hubbard B, Colbert S, Forgacs G. Toward engineering functional organ modules by additive manufacturing. Biofabrication, (In print online 03/12/12 at stacks.iop.org/BF/4/022001, DOI :10.1088/1758-5082/4/2/022001)
- McEwan TW, Hubbard BA, Colbert SH. Delayed median nerve repair 52 years after injury: A case report. J Hand Surg
- Colbert SH, Eagan SL, McEwan TW, Davis RM, Watson KM, Hubbard BA. Dynamic Anatomy of the Median Nerve During Passive Wrist Movement. J Hand Surg